Chiropractic care includes a diverse spectrum of techniques. There are no two practitioners who practice exactly the same way. What Dr. Suzan Starler, D.C.at Star Chiropractic and Nutrition believes is that the practitioner, if they have their patients’ best interests at heart, will pursue continuing education throughout their career in order to give the patient the greatest number of beneficial treatment options. With this premise in mind, Dr. Suzan frequently attends continuing education seminars in order to keep abreast of the most recent, updated information available, and provide the most comprehensive number of treatment services possible.
Diversified chiropractic technique is a classic, time tested method of adjusting the joints in the body to relieve pain and improve function. Dr. Suzan can provide manual adjustments, as well as gentle, non force adjustments utilizing instruments such as the Activator or the ArthroStim.
There are various techniques that are designed to help the patient become self-sufficient in the short and long term care of their primary complaint (e.g. as with back pain, neck pain, headaches, etc.) Dr. Suzan frequently utilizes the following either singularly or in combination, to help assess patients, and help patients facilitate their own treatment program and subsequent recovery:
- The McKenzie Method – Exercise protocols formulated by Robin McKenzie, founder of The McKenzine Institute International, to promote a patient’s active involvement in their treatment plan.
- Quantum Neurology™ treatments, designed by Dr. George Gonzalez, D.C., a brilliant doctor who pioneered the use of laser therapy combined with active movements to reconstruct and rehabilitate the nervous system
- The Koren Specific Technique, developed by the dynamic Dr. Tedd Koren, D.C., which utilizes the body’s own reflexes to help determine priority of treatment.
- Touch For Health Kinesiology, adapted by Dr. John Thie, D.C. from the teachings of Dr. George Goodheart, D.C.and Applied Kinesiology.
- Exercise programs including in whole or in part weight training, yoga, and pilates movements designed specifically for each patient’s unique health concerns and physical challenges (e.g. the need for strength, flexibility and/or muscular balancing).
- DRX9000™ True Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression – For those patients for whom standard treatment protocols are not providing satisfactory, and for those who may be considering surgery, the DRX9000™ provides an alternative form of treatment. Non surgical decompression has been associated with a reduction in pain, disc protrusion reduction, and an increase in disc height.
Many of the chiropractic techniques used by Dr. Suzan are non-force techniques. Some of them are light force techniques, and sometime, as Dr. Suzan has said, “It’s just a matter of getting in and moving a joint, however that’s done and however it’s most comfortable for and beneficial to the patient.”