Dr. Suzan Starler is a board licensed chiropractor practicing holistic healthcare from her offices in West Los Angeles and Malibu, California. Her approach offers caring “tough love” support, coupled with the knowledge and experience to work with patients so that they finally understand what is happening with their bodies, and how they can more actively support their own healing.
Dr. Suzan attended UCLA for her undergraduate studies and the majority of her pre-med curriculum. She then attended Los Angeles Chiropractic College (now called Southern California University of Health Sciences), where she began to integrate her passion for wellness and her desire to serve. Since 1993, Dr. Starler has been helping patients eliminate pain, recover their health, and pursue healthier lifestyles.
Working closely with her patients, Dr. Suzan develops streamlined and easy to follow plans that bring even the most challenging cases to a greater level of functional capacity, restoring her patients’ quality of life. She found, after many years of clinical practice, that even the best healing program would ultimately fall short of its goals unless the barriers to healing were handled one at a time, in a priority order as determined by the body. To this day, she continues to follow this very effective and successful holistic approach with her patients and in her own life. Dr. Suzan maintains that you must “walk the walk” if you are going to improve and maintain your health.
Star Chiropractic and Nutrition is unique because Dr. Suzan offers her patients “one-stop shopping” for their health care needs. Compassion, patient empowerment, and proper whole body physical and nutritional support are Dr. Suzan’s main tenets for providing her patients with the tools necessary to achieve their personal health goals. She employs cutting-edge technologies for symptoms relating to herniated discs and spinal stenosis, physical rehabilitation in a state-of-the-art gym, and spinal decompression utilizing the DRX9000™. She additionally utilizes Nutrition Response Testing™ to assist patients attain health through personalized nutrition programs, McKenzie Therapies to facilitate a patient’s ability to self treat with specific, easy to perform home exercises, and Quantum Neurology™ protocols to enhance nervous system repair.
The top three messages Dr. Suzan communicate to her patients are:
- Never accept a dire diagnosis!
- There is always hope!
- Commit yourself completely to your personalized healthcare program!
In addition to her private practice, Dr. Suzan has performed ergonomic consulting, through Future Industrial Technologies (FIT), for such corporations as Unicare, United Airlines, Chrysler Corporation, Zenith Insurance, Merrill Lynch, HBO, and BAE Systems. Dr. Suzan shares this expertise daily with her patients, providing additional tools to help eliminate chronic, recurring symptoms such as headaches, neck pain, low back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome and sciatica.
- Doctor of Chiropractic
- Certified, Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy, The McKenzie Institute International
- Advanced Clinical Training (“ACT”) Nutrition Response Testing
- Quantum Neurology™
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA AT LOS ANGELES (UCLA)
- LOS ANGELES CHIROPRACTIC COLLEGE
Post-Graduate Studies Pertinent to Current Practice
- Clinical Nutrition and Diversified Technique
- Chronic Inflammatory Disease – Understanding Causes & Designing Therapies Maximizing Nutritional Performance
- Chiropractic Treatment for Children with ADHD, Autism and Other Neurobehaviorial Disorders
- Nutritional Management of the Underlying Causes of Chronic Disease
- Mulligan Concept – Mobilizations with Movement
- Mulligan Concept – Mobilizations with Movement – Lower Quadrant
- Mulligan Concept – Mobilizations with Movement – Upper Quadrant
- Applied Kinesiology Sports Symposium
- Advanced Ergonomics of Sitting
- Rehabilitation of Common Athletic Injuries
- The Neuroendocrine Immunology Of Hepatic Detoxification
- The Inflammatory and Autoimmune Singling System
- Mastering the Thyroid
- Thyroid- Brain-Immune Connection
- Neurotransmitters and the Brain
- The Koren Technique
- The Brain-Gut Axis and Clinical Application
- Breaking the Complex Web of Leaky Gut
- Metabolic Biotransformation
- Integrative Assessment Technique
- Renewing the Aging Brain
- The Heat is On – Menopause and PMS
- Activator Methods
- No Nonsense Rehab
- Golf Injuries and Exercises
- Advanced Stabilization of the Lumbar Spine
- Chronic Inflammatory Disease – Understanding Causes & Designing Therapies
- Touch For Health – Functional Assessment of Muscle Imbalance
- The Foot and Spine – Closed Chain Kinematics
- Whiplash, Vertigo and Headache
- Functional Pathology of the Motor System and Rehab Guidelines
- Neurochemistry of Childhood Brain Developmental Disorders
- Neuroendocrine Immunology or Perimenopause
- Neuroendocrine Immunology of Andropause
- Environmental Toxicity and Neuroendocrine Immunology
- Inflammatory and Autoimmune Signaling Systems
- Mastering Functional Blood Chemistry
- Integrative Assessment Technique (Series Seminar)
- American Chiropractic Association
- The McKenzie Institute International
- Santa Monica Professionals
- Holistic Chamber of Commerce
- Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce
- West Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce